The Women’s Division Chamber of Commerce (WDCC) announces the participants for the highly popular charity event Dancing with the Local Stars to be held at the Muskegon Harbor Holiday Inn Feb. 21-23.
The identical performances on all three nights and a matinee on Saturday afternoon will be emceed by local talent favorite and Miss Michigan 2001, Stacy Shepherd and retired Muskegon Mayor Steve Warmington. Twelve local dignitaries, business leaders and people of interest coupled with twelve local dance professionals will compete and provide a fabulous show. Local stars and dancing pros include:
• Colleen Flynn, Senior Director, Mercy Health Partners, with John Maxson (1) *, Owner & Dance Instructor, Reflections Dance Studio & Reflections of Dance, Holland
• Terri Sesselmann, Co-owner, Scent-lok Technologies, with Dave Kennedy (5), Owner, Kennedy Custom Builders; & Dancer
• Chad Dawson, Prisoner Transportation Officer, State of MI Dept. of Corrections; & Emergency Response Team Member, State of MI, with Francine Sagan-Kilcrease (5), Wellness & Fitness Director & Dance Instructor, Agewell Services, Tanglewood Park; & Personal Trainer, Omni Fitness
• Michael Poulin, Captain, Muskegon County Sheriff’s Office, with Carlie Switzer (1), Honor Student, Mona Shores High School; Dance Instructor, Cassell Dance Studio
• Lloyd Behnke, New Car Salesman, Betten Chevrolet GMC Cadillac, with Brenda Sprader (5), Criminal & Family Law Attorney & Dance Instructor
• DJ Hilson, Prosecutor Elect, Muskegon County, with Mary Ball, M.D. (4) , Family Physician, West View Family Medicine; & Dancer
• Dianne Hoofman, Marketing Director, Muskegon County Airport, with Patrick Johnson (5), GRCC Dance Faculty Instructor; Co-owner PT Arts, LLC Consulting; & Director, West MI Flight Academy
• Kelle Lynn, International Flight Attendant, United Airlines & Freelance Writer/News Reporter, with Tom Gumina (3), Independent Dance Instructor, Social Dance Studio, YMCA & Ballroom Clubs at MSU & GVSU; Delta Airlines Employee
• Heidi Sunderhaft Christiansen, North Muskegon High & Middle School Principal, with Rodney Sprader (3), Facilities & Maintenance Leader, & Special Projects Manager, GE Aviation – Muskegon; Musician; & Dancer
• Bob Cutler, Co-owner, Muskegon Brake & Tire, & Lakeside Service Center, with Lisa Jirikovic (5), Physical Therapist, Knollview-Heartland; Dancer; Singer; & Actress
• Cari Draft, Owner & Fitness Trainer, Eco Trek Fitness Systems & Eco Trek Bars, with Corey Christoffersen (5), Tumbling Coach, Mona Shores, Tri-County, Fruitport & Grant Public Schools; Dancer; & Actor
• Jim Hanley, Founding Partner, ROC Group (Return on Communication), with Diane Braun (5), Artistic Director & Owner, Diane’s School of Dance; & Owner, Pro Dance Supplies
*( )=number of years a pro dancer with DWTLS; [ ]=number of years a judge for DWTLS
A guest judge will award the “Critic’s Choice” (Most Technical) for each performance. The audience will vote for “Best in Show” (Best Routine/Audience Favorite). The third award at each performance will be the “People’s Choice”, which is based on the amount of money the couple raises. Trophies will be awarded at each performance.
Teams will collect monetary votes with their fans contributing donations prior to the event that can be used for the “People’s Choice” award voting. Donation boxes will also be displayed throughout our community so everyone can join in the fun of voting for their favorite local star/dancing pro team while contributing to worthwhile food charities.
Evening performance tickets ($40) and matinee tickets ($30) are available beginning Jan. 2, 2013 from Mary Kendall, WDCC event chairperson at 231-798-4244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship forms can be downloaded at www.womensdivision.org or by contacting Karen Mogdicks at 616-862-0065 or email@example.com.